Internet marketing strategy, social media marketing, website lead generation, blogging, SEO, community building, video and podcast production, Final Cut, HTML, basic Drupal. Read my HubSpot Manager Profile.
Internet Marketing Manager, HubSpot
Cambridge, MA (November, 2008 – Present)
- Currently manage HubSpot’s social media lead generation team, most recently doubling sales leads from social media channels in two months.
- Use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ to drive 25,000 visitors/month to HubSpot.com and 75,000 visitors/month to HubSpot’s blog.
- Ran A/B optimization tests on HubSpot.com, creating a 49.1% lift on trials generated through the homepage.
- Blog actively on HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing Blog read by over 50,000 subscribers.
- Managed “The Magnet” email newsletter, helping it grow to 45,000 email subscribers.
- Built Inbound Marketing University, a 16-course online marketing certification program that has certified over 3,500 people.
- Managed the launch of HubSpot co-founders’ 2009 book, Inbound Marketing, which placed #149 of all books on Amazon the first week of sales.
- Previously filmed, produced, and edited creative marketing videos, including “You Oughta Know Inbound Marketing,” which received 40,000 views in its first week (98,000 to date) and has won four marketing awards.
- Write original ebooks and whitepapers. Published HubSpot’s How to Monitor Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day in May, 2011. It has received over 43,000 downloads to date.
Public Relations Manager, Social Media for Social Change
Boston, MA (July 2008 – March 2009)
- Devised and managed the publicity campaign for the organization’s first charity event, inspiring the online community to raise over $20,000 for Jane Doe Inc.
- Earned online media coverage through press releases and blogger pitches.
- Managed press during events to ensure appropriate photo opportunities and interviews occurred.
Account Coordinator, SHIFT Communications
Brighton, MA (June 2008 – August 2008)
- Managed all account reporting to ensure high-quality client services.
- Developed targeted press lists; researched speaking and award opportunities for clients.
- Monitored client and competitor coverage; compiled media clips for client records.
Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator, The Ictus Initiative
Boston, MA (May 2007 – May 2008)
- Created the agency’s social media practice. Managed the social media initiatives on five accounts.
- Organized national book-signing tours at major book retailers, while developing regional publicity for each event.
- Headed book review campaigns, earning placements in publications such as ForeWord Magazine. Pitched news features, TV appearances and radio interviews.
Boston University College of Communication (2004 – 2008)
Bachelor of Science in Communication, Concentration in Public Relations
Dublin City University Internship Programme (January 2007 – April 2007)
Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator, The Helix Theatre
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Singing, a cappella, song writing and social media.
“Common Sound” professional a cappella singing ensemble, Founder and President
“How to Use LinkedIn Company Pages for Business Webinar,” hosted by Linkedin.com
(December 6, 2011)
“Innovative Entrepreneurs” Panel, Boston University PRSSA & BU Entrepreneurship Club
Boston University (December 6, 2011)
“Business of Social Media” Guest Lecturer, Suffolk MBA Program
Suffolk University (November 19, 2011)
“Inbound Marketing & Focus on Lead Conversion” Emerson Full Day Workshop
Emerson College (November 5, 2011)
“Inbound Marketing and Social Media Strategies” CWE Women Business Leaders Conference at Bentley University
Waltham, MA (October 13, 2011)
“Creating Content for Web Marketing” Guest Lecturer, Boston University Writing Class
Boston, MA (October 12, 2011)
“Business Strategies and Careers” Panelist, Boston University’s Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity
Boston, MA (September 20, 2011)
“Internet Best Practices” Panelist, Babson Technology Ventures Group
Babson Park, MA (September 12, 2011)
“How To Launch an A/B Testing Program at Your Company” Virtual Presenter, Which Test Won
Webinar (August 23, 2011)
“Intro to Inbound Marketing,” Guest Lecturer, Boston University Italian Exchange Program
Boston, MA (July 25, 2011)
“Internet Marketing and the Arts”, BAMA (Boston Arts Marketing Alliance)
Boston MA (April 7, 2011)
“Inbound Marketing Workshop”, Emerson American Marketing Association
Boston, MA (February 15, 2011)
“Inbound Marketing & Careers“, Regular Guest Lecturer, Emerson Social Media Internship Class
Boston, MA (June 11, November 5, 2011 and February 11, 2011)
“Buzz and Viral Marketing“, Guest Lecturer, NYU SCPS
New York, NY (November 18, 2010)
“How to Use Inbound Marketing to Grow Your Business”, CU Water Cooler Symposium
Indianapolis, IN (October 29, 2010)
“Inbound Marketing News Release for SEO Benefits”, PRSA Professional Development Conference
Virginia Beach, VA (October 1, 2010)
“Entrepreneurship through HubSpot and Inbound Marketing”, Guest Lecturer, Northeastern College Business Administration
Boston, MA (August 2, 2010)
“Video + Online Marketing Strategy”, Direct Marketing Association Washington’s Social Media Day
Washington, DC (November 5, 2009)
“Rocking your Inbound Marketing”, Twitter Queens Workshop
New York, NY (June 27, 2009)
“Twitter for Business” and “Intro to Inbound Marketing”, Geek Girl Camp
Randolf, MA (March 12, 2009)
“Using Social Media for Social Change”, YPIC Regional Conference
Boston, MA (October 18, 2008)
“Millennial Marketing Movers” Panel, New Marketing Summit
Foxboro, MA (October 14, 2008)